Caught a gross (and almost fatal) error in a commercial kitchen

Just a few months ago, I was visiting a commercial kitchen in Miami. My sister Naomi went to culinary school so now she knows her way around all the commercial kitchens, so she was showing me around at the place she works. After hours, of course. While we were there, I noticed that the grease trap was filled to the brim. It wasn’t really noticeable unless you looked right at it, which is probably why all those chefs had missed it previously. Subsequently, I told Naomi that they needed to hire a hood cleaner. Since I was already there and planned on hanging out with her, I watched them do their work. Continue reading “Caught a gross (and almost fatal) error in a commercial kitchen”